Water Treatment Solutions & More From Water Softeners & Filters

The Question:

I had my water tested by my county health department and the results are in milligrams per liter (mg/L). How do I convert mg/L into grains per US gallon (gpg)?

The Answer:

Use our mg/L to gpg conversion calculator to convert mg/L, also referred to as parts per million (ppm), to gpg.


The Question:

Why is the hole in the side of my RO spout leaking?

The Answer:

A water leak from a reverse osmosis system's faucet relief hole is a frequent issue, known as an air gap leak. Often, when water leaks from this area it is an indication that your RO's drain tube is clogged or blocked. When food or other debris plugs the drain line it prevents the water from entering your actual drain. However, this is a pretty easy fix.

The Solution:

To clear a blockage from the RO faucet drain line follow these steps:

  1. Place a bucket under the main drain and RO drain line to catch the water from the drain.
  2. Remove the tube from the main drain.
  3. Use a toothpick to clear the debris from inside the tube and fitting.
  4. Reattach the tube.
  5. Test for leaks.

If you have other questions about RO faucet leaking issues contact us today.